On episode two of Food Fixers we are helping out Mariah who has been struggling to make our two ingredient Banana Pancake recipe. Seeing as how that one is fairly simple, we wanted to whip up three pancake recipes with varying degrees of epicness. Hold onto your whisks, get ready for some fluffy gloriousness. #pancakes #foodfixers #brothersgreeneats
1:43 Two Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- Banana (1)
- Large Egg (1)
- Chocolate Chips (optional)
1.Picking the right banana: It can’t be under ripe because when it’s not ripe it doesn’t have enough sweetness, and when it’s too ripe it’s going to be too sweet and not have enough starch to hold it together.
2. In a bowl, start beating the egg for a minute, add in banana and start mashing it until it start looking like a pancake mixture.
3. Heat up a pan in a medium low heat with oil.
4. Start frying the pancakes until they are done. Enjoy!
7:42 Gluten Free Oat Pancakes
- Oat Flour (1 ½ cup )
- Large Egg (2)
- Banana (1)
- Baking Powder ( ½ tablespoon)
- Coconut Milk or Milk of Your Choice (¼ cup)
- Maple Syrup (2 tablespoons)
- Salt (½ teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Blueberry (optional)
1. In a bowl or a blender, add in all ingredients and mix/blend them to the right texture. If it’s too thin, you can add more flour, and if it’s too thick you can add more coconut milk.
2. Heat up a pan and start frying the pancakes.
16:03 Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Large Eggs (3)
- Lemon Zest
- Ricotta (¾ cup)
- Milk (1 cup)
- Lemon Juice (1 lemon)
- Brown Sugar (1 tablespoon)
- Flour (2 cups)
- Baking Powder (1 teaspoon)
- Baking Soda (1 teaspoon)
- Melted Butter (1 tablespoon )
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
1. In a bowl with egg, beat the eggs for a few minutes and start adding in lemon zest, while beating. 2. Add in ricotta in the mixture and keep whisking, then add in some milk and lemon juice. Keep whisking.
3. In another bowl with flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix it evenly.
4. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and start mixing together to the right consistency. You want it to be thinner than a cake batter.
5. Heat up a pan, and start frying the pancakes. Enjoy!
Josh and Mike Greenfield make up Brothers Green Eats, a dynamic and brotherly duo that can teach anyone to cook creative and delicious food on a budget. New video every Wednesday and sometimes Friday. For more Brothers Green Eats check out http://www.brothersgreen.com