3 cups boiled penne pasta
3 tbsps butter
2 medium onion, chopped
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 large tomato, chopped
1 medium capsicum, chopped
½ cup grated cauliflower
Salt to taste
1½ tbsps Kashmiri red chilli paste
1½ tbsps pav bhaji masala powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
2 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and grated
½ cup fresh peas, blanched
2 tbsps finely chopped coriander leaves
Processed cheese as required
Coriander sprig for garnish
1. Heat 2 tbsps butter in a non-stick wok and let it melt. Add onions, chopped and sauté till golden brown.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste, mix well and cook for 1 minute. Add tomato, capsicum, cauliflower, salt, and mix well. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes.
3. Add Kashmiri red chilli paste, pav bhaji masala powder, and mix well. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
4. Add potatoes, fresh green peas and mix well. Add chopped coriander and 1 cup water, mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes and mash with a masher till well combined.
5. Add pasta and mix well. Add ½ cup water, mix well and add remaining butter and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Transfer to a serving plate, grate cheese on top. Garnish with coriander sprig and set hot.