2-3 tsps ghee
Gun powder (molaga podi) for sprinkling
½ cup grated processed cheese
¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
4 tbsps oil
8-10 garlic cloves, sliced
7-8 curry leaves
1 medium onion, chopped
3 large tomatoes, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 ½ tsps Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder
Salt to taste
½ tsp mustard seeds
A pinch of asafoetida
1. Preheat the oven at 180˚C. Quarter the idlis and place them on a baking tray.
2. Drizzle ghee and sprinkle gun powder and bake for 15-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat 3 tbsps oil in a non-stick pan, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. add curry leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
4. Add onion and sauté well. Cook till golden brown.
5. Add tomato and sauté well. Add green chillies and mix well. Cook till the tomatoes are pulpy.
6. Add Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder and salt, mix well. Add ¾ cup water, mix well, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
7. Take it off the heat and set aside to cool. Transfer to a blender jar and blend to a fine paste.
8. Heat remaining oil in another non-stick pan, add mustard seeds and let them splutter. add asafoetida and the prepared chutney.
9. Add ½ cup water and mix well. Add processed cheese and mozzarella cheese. Mix well and allow the cheese to melt completely. Take it off the heat.
10. Transfer the prepared sauce into a fondue bowl and serve hot with prepared idlis.