1 cup blanched and chopped spinach leaves
12-16 button mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 baguette, sliced
½ cup + 1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons olive oil
A pinch nutmeg (jaiphal) powder
Cheese slice pieces as required
1. Preheat oven to 180º C.
2. Mix together ½ cup butter, 1 tablespoon garlic, parsley, chilli flakes and salt in a bowl.
3. Spread spoonful of butter mixture onto baguette slices and place on a baking tray. Put the tray in the preheated oven and toast for 5-6 minutes.
4. Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add 1 teaspoon garlic and sauté well. Add mushrooms and salt, mix and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Heat 1 teaspoon butter in another non-stick pan. Add 1 teaspoon garlic and nutmeg powder, mix well and sauté for a few seconds.
6. Add spinach and salt, mix well and cook for a minute. Remove from heat.
7. Top toasted bread slices with some cheese slice pieces, some cooked spinach and sautéed mushrooms.
8. Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake till the cheese melts.
9. Serve hot.