A rich and flavourful pulao topped with paneer balls that adds to the texture and aesthetics of the dish.
PANEER MOTI PULAO
1½ cups basmati rice, soaked
¾ cup cottage cheese (paneer), grated
1½ tbsps ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 black cardamom
6-7 black peppercorns
2 green chillies, slit
1 large onion, sliced
10 – 12 cashew nuts
½ cup yogurt
Salt to taste
¼ tsp green cardamom powder
1 tbsp cornstarch
Oil for deep frying
Silver warq as required
½ cup fried onion
2 tbsps mint leaves
Sprig of coriander for garnish
1. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds, cloves, black cardamom, black pepper and cook till fragrant.
2. Add green chillies, onion and sauté till translucent. Add cashew nuts and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add yogurt and sauté for 1-2 minutes; add basmati rice, salt, and mix well. Add 3 cups water and mix well, cover and cook until the rice is cooked.
4. In another bowl, add grated paneer, salt, green cardamom powder, cornstarch and mix well. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small balls.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a non-stick kadai and deep fry the paneer balls till golden. Drain on an absorbent paper. Let them cool and cover them with silver warq.
6. Add mint leaves, brown onion to the cooked rice. Add few of the prepared balls and take it off the heat.
7. Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with the remaining paneer balls and sprig of coriander. Serve hot.