The classic Italian spaghetti gets an Indian tadka.
1½ cups boiled spaghetti
2 tbsps oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dried red chillies
10-12 curry leaves
5-7 garlic cloves, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
2 tbsps roasted peanuts
½ tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds, dried red chillies, 10-12 curry leaves, 5-7 garlic cloves, chopped and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Add onion, sliced sauté well and cook till translucent. Add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and mix well.
3. Add boiled spaghetti and toss well. Add salt and roasted peanuts, mix well.
4. Squeeze the juice of lemon and chopped coriander, toss well and cook for 1 minute. Take it off the heat.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl, and serve hot.