A delicious porridge recipe from the beautiful land of Haryana.
1½ cups broken wheat (daliya)
½ cup ghee
2-3 green cardamoms
1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
½ cup sugar
¼ cup cashew nuts, roughly chopped
¼ cup almonds, chopped into slivers + for garnish
¼ cup raisins
1. Heat ghee in a non-stick kadai, add green cardamoms and fennel seeds. Sauté till fennel seeds turn brown. Add daliya and mix well. Cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes till it turns golden brown in colour, stirring continuously.
2. Heat 3 cups water in a deep pan.
3. Add hot water in daliya mixture. Mix well. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Add sugar, cashew nuts, almonds slivers, raisins. Mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes till sugar melts.
5. Transfer lapsi in a serving bowl.
6. Serve hot, garnished with almond slivers.