Scrumptious parantha with flavourful paneer stuffing on the inside.
VEG MUGHLAI PARANTHA
1½ cups refined flour + dusting
Salt to taste
3 tbsps oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped ginger
½ tbsp chopped green chillies
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 small capsicum, finely chopped
1 small carrot, peeled and grated
1 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp ghee + for applying
250 grams cottage cheese (paneer), grated
Tomato ketchup to serve
1. In a bowl, add flour, salt and sufficient water, knead to soft dough. Drizzle 1 tbsp oil and knead again. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan; add garlic, ginger, and mix well. Add green chillies and onion, cook till translucent.
3. Add capsicum, carrots and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and mix well. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add 1 tsp ghee and cottage cheese, mix well. Add salt and mix well.
5. Divide the prepared dough into equal portions and shape them into balls.
6. Dust flour on the worktop, and roll out a portion of the dough into a disc of medium thickness. Place a portion of the prepared stuffing and bring the sides to the centre and flip it. Roll out into a square parantha.
7. Heat a non-stick pan; place the prepared parantha on it. Cook till both sides are done.
8. Apply ghee on both sides and cut into pieces. Serve hot along with tomato ketchup.