Delicious chole served in katoris made with potato shreds and deep fried to perfection.
4 medium potatoes, peeled
4 tbsps corn starch
Oil for deep frying
Ready-made pindi chole
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small tomato, finely chopped
Yogurt as required
Sweet tamarind chutney as required
Green chutney as required
Chaat masala as required
Sev for garnish
Freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Peel potatoes and grate them into a bowl filled with water. Wash them well. Drain on an absorbent paper and pat them dry.
2. Add corn starch and mix well. Place a portion of the mixture into a tea strainer and place another tea strainer on it and press it to shape them into a katori
3. Heat sufficient oil in a non-stick pan, deep fry the potato Katori till golden and crispy. Drain on an absorbent paper.
4. Place the prepared katoris on a serving plate, stuff with pindi chole, onion, tomato, and add a little yogurt, sweet tamarind chutney, green chutney, sprinkle some chaat masala.
5. Garnish with sev and chopped coriander. Serve immediately.