Dr. Berg talks about the different reasons why you have leg cramps at night (Nocturnal Cramps). Potassium and Magnesium are two top common minerals involved with leg cramping because these minerals are needed to relax the muscles.
1. Low Potassium – Potassium is intimately involved in the contraction and relaxation of the muscles.
2. Low Sodium
3. Low Magnesium
4. Low Calcium
5. Blood pH Too Alkaline – The minerals couldn’t be transported into the muscles and could cause tetany, spasm, cramping and all sorts of muscle and nerve problem.
6. Vitamin E Deficiency – Vitamin E is involved in oxygen carrying capacity in the muscle and is also involved in the storage of glycogen.
Vitamin E Deficiency Symptoms
• Restless legs
• Cramping at night
• Nocturnal Cramps
• High Glycogen Storage
Important Things to Remember when Taking Vitamin E:
• Make sure it is not synthetic. It must be from food concentrate.
• Take it in an empty stomach – 15 minutes before you eat.
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 52 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of The New Body Type Guide and other books published by KB Publishing. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The Health & Wellness, Dr. Berg Nutritionals and Dr. Eric Berg, D.C. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this video or site.
#keto #ketodiet #weightloss #ketosis