A healthy and delicious recipe made with bottle gourd that doesn't really taste or feel like it.
CREAM OF VEGETABLE SOUP
2 tbsps butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup cabbage, shredded
1 cup bottle gourd, finely chopped
¼ cup milk
Salt to taste
2 tbsps corn kernels, boiled
2 tbsps carrot, finely chopped, blanched
2 tbsps broccoli cut into florets, blanched
2 tbsps green peas, blanched
1 tsp oregano + for garnish
Cream for garnish
1. Heat a pressure cooker, add butter and melt it. Add onion, cabbage and bottle gourd. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 whistles till vegetables become soft. Let it cool down.
2. Add pressure cooked items in a blender, add sufficient water and blend to a fine puree.
3. Heat a non-stick deep pan, add blended mixture, ½ cup water and mix well. Add milk, salt, corn kernels, carrots, broccoli, green peas and oregano. Mix well. Cook for a minute on medium heat.
4. Transfer soup in a serving bowl.
5. Serve hot, garnished with cream and a pinch of oregano.