Pasta for breakfast? Thumbs up if you think this is a great idea, too.
1/2 package spaghetti
1 small block of Pecorino Romano cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
Red chili flakes
1. Cook pasta in unsalted water for 6 minutes, or according to package instructions.
2. While pasta is cooking, grate 1 to 1 1/2 cups cheese into a large bowl.
3. Heat a small pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and fry eggs. Using a spoon, baste the eggs with the hot oil to cook evenly and quickly. Transfer eggs to a plate.
4. Using tongs, transfer pasta to the pan where the eggs were fried. Sprinkle in half of the cheese and toss to coat. Add pasta water as needed to help the sauce form.
5. Plate and top each serving with a fresh grating of Pecorino Romano. Sprinkle with red chili flakes and a fried egg. Crack the yolk and serve immediately.