A quick and simple to make sinfully delicious Egg Curry.
SIMPLE EGG CURRY
2 medium onion, sliced
6-8 garlic cloves
¾ cup scraped coconut
Salt to taste
1½ tbsps oil
2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2-3 slit green chillies
½ tsp turmeric powder
1½ tsps red chilli powder
2 tsps coriander powder
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat a non-stick pan, dry roast onion and garlic till golden brown and set aside. Similarly, dry roast the coconut till golden brown and let it cool.
2. Blend together the roasted onion, garlic and coconut to make a fine paste using sufficient water.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick deep bottom pan, add cumin seeds, and let them splutter. Add green chillies and sauté.
4. Add the prepared paste. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, mix well. Add salt and cook for 3-4 minutes or till the oil separates. Stirring occasionally.
6. Add 1 cup of water, cover and cook till it boils vigorously.
7. Add 1 tbsp of coriander and mix well. While the mixture is boiling, break in the eggs one by one. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes.
8. Garnish with the remaining coriander and serve hot.