What is the mise en place? Mise en place, is simply refer to the food preparation in french cuisine. discover what it really means it and why is it a crucial step in learning how to cook.
Knowing how to organize yourself in the kitchen and be able to properly cut and prepare all the vegetables and other ingredients you need before making a recipe is something that will make your cooking much more professional.
In this video i also take through an actual French culinary school curriculum that provide a real life example as what is actually taught in French cooking schools.
In this video:
* best practice for the mise place.
* why a mise en place
* the different type of food preparation
* the three step process of preparing ingredients for a recipe.
* common french culinary terms used when preparing vegetables.
* the basics of setting your workstation for food preparation