A delicious breakfast to start an amazing day with.
½ cup parboiled rice
½ cup raw rice
¼ cup split skinless black gram (urad dal)
⅛ tsp fenugreek seeds
Grated processed cheese as required
Salt to taste
5-6 curry leaves, shredded
2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp mustard seeds
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tbsps freshly chopped coriander leaves
Oil as required
Gun powder ghee mixture
4 tbsps ghee
2 tbsps gun powder
1. For paniyaram, separately soak parboiled rice, rice, split skinless black gram and fenugreek seeds for at least 5 hours. Drain and set aside.
2. In a blender, add parboiled rice and rice to a grainy batter, set aside. Grind together udad dal and fenugreek seeds to a grainy batter, set aside.
3. Mix together both the batters into a big bowl and set aside in a warm place to ferment overnight.
4. Add salt, curry leaves, green chillies, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, onion and chopped coriander to the fermented batter and mix well.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a non-stick paniyaram pan, add a portion of the batter till half and add the cheese in the middle and cover with more batter.
6. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes. Flip them and cook for 1-2 minutes.
7. Transfer to a serving plate; serve hot with gun powder ghee mixture.