1 cup chickpeas (chole), boiled
4 chicken drumsticks
2-3 tbsps oil
3 medium onions, finely chopped
½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1½ tsps green chilli paste
1 large tomato, finely chopped
½ cup tomato puree
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp red chilli powder
½ cup yogurt
1 tbsp chole masala
Salt to taste
A large pinch garam masala powder
Juice of ½ lemon
Fresh coriander sprigs for garnish
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add onions and sauté till golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste, and cook for a minute.
2. Add green chilli paste, mix well and cook for a minute. Make a few slits on the chicken drumsticks and add to the pan, mix well and cook on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and mix well. Add tomato puree, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
4. Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, mix and cook till the oil separates. Add 1 cup water, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add yogurt, mix and cook for 2 minutes. Add chole masala and mix well. Add salt, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add chickpeas and mix well. Add 1 cup water, mix, cover and cook till the chicken is fully done.
7. Add garam masala powder and lemon juice, switch off the heat and mix well.
8. Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve hot.