Yummy egg-dunked minced chicken tikkas served with butter-toasted buns.
CHICKEN BUN KEBAB
200 grams chicken mince
4 hot dog buns
½ tsp turmeric powder
¾ tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp chaat masala powder
1½ tsps garam masala powder
Salt to taste
2-3 green chillies, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
Oil for shallow frying
Butter as required for toasting
Mayonnaise as required
Green chutney as required
Sliced onion for sprinkling + for garnish
Piri piri masala as required
Grated processed cheese for sprinkling
1. In a bowl, add chicken mince, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala powder, garam masala powder, salt, green chillies, onion and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into tikkis, and set aside.
3. In another bowl, break eggs and add salt, whisk well and set aside.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a non-stick pan; dip the prepared tikkis in the egg mixture and shallow fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
5. Slice the buns lengthwise into 3 parts and set aside.
6. For one portion, heat a non-stick tawa, add a little butter and let it melt. Place the base and the middle part of the buns, toast for 1 minute on medium flame.
7. Flip the bun pieces and apply mayonnaise and green chutney on the base slice of the bun, place two prepared chicken kebabs on it.
8. Sprinkle sliced onion and piri piri masala, place the middle slice of the bun on top and apply mayonnaise and green chutney, sprinkle grated cheese and piri piri masala, cover it with the top slice of the bun.
9. Apply butter on top and flip, toast till golden brown and crisp. Take it off the heat.
10. Cut the prepared bun kebab diagonally. Serve hot with sliced onion and green chutney.