A quick and easy recipe to make scrumptious and flavourful Samosa Chaat right in the comfort of your kitchen.
SAMOSA CHOLE CHAAT
4 ready-made samosas
1 cup chickpeas (chole), soaked overnight and drained
3 tea bags
Salt to taste
2 tbsps ghee
2 tsps cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tbsp dried pomegranate seeds
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp green chilli-ginger paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp chole masala powder
1 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
2 tsps coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 medium tomatoes, cut into quarters
3-4 green chillies, slit
Yogurt as required
Sweet tamarind chutney as required
Green chutney as required
Chopped onion as required
Chopped tomato as required
Sev as required
Freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnish
Chaat masala for sprinkling
1. In a pressure cooker, add chickpeas, tea bags, salt and sufficient water. Pressure cook till 6-8 whistles are released. Once the pressure is completely released, open the lid and discard tea bag.
2. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and dried pomegranate seeds and let the cumin seeds change colour.
3. Add onion and sauté till golden brown. Add green chilli-ginger paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Add red chilli powder, chole masala powder, dried mango powder, coriander powder and garam masala, sauté for 30 seconds.
5. Add 1½ cups water and mix well. Add cooked chickpeas along with the stock, mix well.
6. Add tomatoes, green chillies, and mix well. Cover and cook till tomatoes are cooked. Take it off the heat.
7. Place a portion of the samosa and slightly crush it, add a portion of the prepared chole, yogurt, sweet tamarind chutney, green chutney, chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, and sev.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander, sprinkle chaat masala and serve immediately.