A quick and easy recipe to make healthy and keto-friendly Cabbage Toran without compromising on flavours.
CABBAGE THORAN (KETO FRIENDLY)
1 medium cabbage, shredded
½ cup fresh scraped coconut + for garnishing
1-2 green chillies
8-10 curry leaves
2 inch ginger, chopped
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp split skinless black gram (urad dal)
2 dried red chillies, broken
Salt to taste
½ tsp turmeric powder
1. In a blender, add scrapped coconut, green chillies, 5-6 curry leaves and ginger. Grind to a coarse paste.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add split skinless black gram, red chillies, mix well. Add remaining curry leaves and mix well.
3. Add the ground mixture and mix well. Add cabbage and mix well. Add salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
4. Add 1-2 tbsps of water, mix well. Cover and cook till cabbage is done.
5. Garnish with coconut and serve hot.