In this video, Dr. Berg talks about avocado and its health benefits.
• The amount of nutrients in avocado is very high.
• An average avocado has between 500 to 800mg of potassium which is good for energy, blood sugars and the heart.
• It is also a physiological relaxer that helps with your sleep and blood pressure.
• Folate, vitamin C, vitamin K, B vitamins, vitamin E, manganese, magnesium, zinc, vitamin A
• It is loaded with fat soluble vitamins which also enhance the absorption of other nutrients
• Per cup, an avocado has 12 grams of carbohydrates
• Net Carbs: 2g / cup
High Amounts of Fat
• 77% of avocado is fat – mostly monosaturated.
• 75% of insoluble fiber
• Food for bacteria
• Insoluble fiber speeds up digestion – too much of it could give you diarrhea.
• Two types of Insoluble Fiber: Fermentable and Non-Fermentable
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 53 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of The New Body Type Guide and other books published by KB Publishing. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients so he can focus on educating people as a full time activity, yet he maintains an active license. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The Health & Wellness, Dr. Berg Nutritionals and Dr. Eric Berg, D.C. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this video or site.