A delicious roll stuffed with cottage cheese and flavourful noodle filling.
CHOWMEIN PANEER ROLL
400 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into 1 inch thick cubes
3 cups boiled rice noodles
4 half cooked rotis
1 tbsp + 2 tsp oil
1½ tbsps finely chopped garlic
2½ tsps finely chopped ginger
2 medium onion, sliced
1 medium capsicum, thickly sliced
1 medium red bell pepper, thickly sliced
1 medium yellow bell pepper, thickly sliced
8-9 baby corns, halved
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
3 tbsps tomato ketchup
2 tbsps green chilli sauce
½ tbsp soya sauce
1. Heat 2 tsps oil on a non-stick tawa, add each roti and fry till golden brown on both sides. Set aside.
2. Heat remaining oil in a non-stick deep pan, add garlic and ginger. Sauté for a minute on medium heat. Add onions and sauté till onions turn translucent.
3. Add capsicum, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and baby corns. Toss well. Sauté for 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Add cottage cheese and toss well. Add noodles, salt, crushed black peppercorns and tomato ketchup. Mix well and sauté on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add green chilli sauce and soya sauce. Mix well and sauté for 1-2 minute on medium heat.
5. Place roti on a worktop. Add a portion of cooked noodles and tightly roll the roti.
6. Serve hot.