200 grams chicken mince
4 coloured capsicums
¾ cup cooked rice
1½ tbsps oil + for drizzling
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 medium onion, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
Salt to taste
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves + for sprinkling
½ cup fresh tomato puree
1½ tsps red chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
Grated mozzarella cheese as required
Dried bread crumbs as required
1. Preheat the oven at 180˚C.
2. Slice the top of the capsicums, deseed and set them aside along with the tops.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and let them change colour. Add onions, and sauté till translucent.
4. Add tomatoes, salt and mix well. Add chopped coriander and cook till the mixture is pulpy.
5. Add fresh tomato puree and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and mix well. Cook till the oil separates.
7. Add chicken mince and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add rice, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes. Take it off the heat.
9. Place the capsicums on a baking tray, drizzle a little oil and sprinkle salt. Rub well.
10. Stuff the capsicums with the prepared chicken mixture. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese on top.
11. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top, and sprinkle a little chopped coriander. Bake till cheese melts.
12. Serve hot.