Ready-made dough made by using 1½ cups of whole wheat flour
15-20 cashew nuts
¼ cup grated dried coconut
1 large tomato, chopped
1-2 green chillies, chopped
5½ tbsps oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
¼ tsp asafoetida
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
½ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp Tata Sampann Coriander Powder
2 tbsps freshly chopped coriander leaves + for garnish
1. Take water in a bowl and soak the whole wheat dough for 10-15 minutes.
2. In a blender jar, add cashew nuts, dried coconut, tomato and green chillies. Blend to a fine paste. Set aside.
3. Transfer the soaking dough into another bowl of water and roll it a few times.
4. Heat sufficient water in a steamer, place the dough and spread it evenly, steam for 5 minutes.
5. De-mould the steamed dough into squares.
6. Heat 3 tbsps oil in a non-stick shallow pan, add the steamed squares and place them into the hot oil. Shallow fry till golden brown from all sides and take them off the heat.
7. Transfer into a plate and set aside.
8. Heat remaining oil in non-stick wok, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, onion and garlic. Sauté till the onion turns golden brown.
9. Add the prepared paste, ¼ cup water and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
10. Add turmeric powder, salt, and red chilli powder, coriander powder, mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes.
11. Add the prepared chakkis and gently mix. Add chopped coriander and mix well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, take it off the heat.
12. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.