A quick and easy recipe to make the classic Masala chicken.
750 grams chicken on bone
4-5 green chillies
1 inch ginger
8 – 10 garlic cloves
2 tbsps oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup tomato puree
1 tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
2 tsps coriander powder
½ tsp cumin powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 tbsps freshly chopped coriander leaves
Coriander sprig for garnishing
1. In a blender jar, add green chillies, ginger, garlic, little water and grind it into a smooth paste.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and let the seeds changes colour.
3. Add onions, and sauté till translucent. Add the prepared paste and mix well. Cook until the moisture is reduced and it turns golden brown.
4. Add tomato puree, ½ cup water, salt and mix well, cook till it comes to a boil. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and sauté well.
5. Add chicken and mix well. Cover and cook till the chicken is cooked completely. Add chopped coriander, adjust seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Take it off the heat.
6. Garnish with sprig of coriander and serve hot.