400 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into 1 inch cubes
1½ tbsps ghee
1 inch cinnamon stick
6-8 black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
2 dried red chillies
2-3 green cardamoms
½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 medium onion, pureed
3 tbsps yogurt
¼ cup cashew-nut paste
Salt to taste
A pinch of sugar
½ tsp red chilli powder
1 small green capsicum, cut into cubes
1 small yellow capsicum, cut into cubes
½ small red capsicum, cut into cubes
1 tsp rose water
Coriander sprigs for garnishing
1. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan; add cinnamon, cloves, black peppercorns, bay leaf, dried red chillies, green cardamoms and sauté till fragrant.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté well, add onion paste and sauté till its golden brown.
3. Add yogurt and mix well, add cashew-nut paste and sauté, add little water, mix well cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add salt, sugar, red chilli powder and mix well. Add green capsicum, yellow capsicum, red capsicum and mix well.
5. Add paneer and mix well, cook for 3-5 minutes. Add rose water, mix well and take it off the heat.
6. Garnish it with coriander sprig and serve hot.