A quick and simple sandwich recipe perfect for an evening snack or light dinner.
VEG CLUB SANDWICH
12 white bread slices
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into strips
2 medium green capsicums, cut into strips
3 tbsps mayonnaise
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Salt to taste
1 tbsp mixed herbs
6 tbsps oil
600 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into squares
Butter as required
Ice berg lettuce leaves as required
Mustard sauce as required
Tomato slices as required
Tomato ketchup to serve
Potato chips to serve
1. Place the bread slices in a toaster and toast till done. Remove and set aside.
2. In a bowl, add cabbage, carrots, capsicum, and mayonnaise. Mix well and set aside.
3. In another bowl, add crushed black peppercorns, salt and 4 tbsps oil, mix well. Add the paneer pieces in it and apply the prepared mix on them.
4. Heat remaining oil in a non-stick grill, place the paneer pieces and grill till done on both side. Keep aside.
5. Apply butter on one side of the bread slices, place a few lettuce leaves, add prepared vegetable mixture and sprinkle some crushed black peppercorns and salt.
6. Place another slice of bread and apply mustard sauce, arrange the paneer pieces, add tomato slices, sprinkle crushed black peppercorns, salt and top it with a few lettuce leaves. Place the third slice of bread and secure the sandwich with the help of toothpicks and cut into half.
7. Serve immediately along with tomato ketchup and potato chips.