A delicious and simple halwa made using bread slices.
8 bread slices
4-5 tbsps ghee
10-12 cashewnuts, chopped
3 tbsps sugar
1 cup grated khoya
½ tsp green cardamom powder
1 cup milk
Chopped pistachios for garnish
1. Trim the sides of the bread slices and discard them. Cut the slices of bread into small pieces.
2. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add raisins, cashew nuts, and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the bread pieces and mix well.
3. Add sugar, khoya, green cardamom powder, and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add milk and mix well. Cook for 1 minute or till well combined and take it off the heat.
5. Garnish with chopped pistachios and serve hot.