Holy crepe! This dish is easier to make than you think!
For the crepes:
2 cups whole milk
4 large eggs
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
2 cups flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, for cooking
For the lime cream cheese frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed and room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons lime zest
2 mangoes, diced
3/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1. Make the crepes: In a blender, add milk, eggs and butter, and blend until combined.
2. Add in flour and salt and blend until just mixed together. Cover and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Before using, give the batter a quick pulse in the blender, and if it is too thick, add a little bit of milk or water.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and brush some melted butter in the pan. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or ladle, pour batter into pan while holding it above the heat, swirling the pan to allow the batter to thinly cover the pan. Place back on heat.
5. When the crepe starts to bubble and turn lightly golden on the edges, about 2 to 3 minutes, carefully flip with a spatula. It will only need to cook for a few seconds more, until nice and golden. Gently remove from the pan onto a plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Combine all ingredients for the cream cheese frosting.
7. On a serving plate, layer crepes, frosting, mangoes and shredded coconut.