Here's a unique and healthy twist to the classic Thalipeeth.
MULTIGRAIN VEG THALIPEETH
1½ cups finger millet flour (nachni / ragi atta)/
1½ cups sorghum flour (jowar atta)
4 tbsps whole wheat flour
4 tbsps grated cabbage
4 tbsps grated carrot
2 small onions, chopped
1 cup fresh fenugreek leaves (methi), chopped
4 tbsps freshly chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
1½ tsps red chilli powder
½ tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
Oil for drizzling
White butter to serve
1. In a thali, add cabbage, carrot, onion, fenugreek leaves, chopped coriander, salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and mix well. Crush the mixture.
2. Add nachni flour, jowar flour, and whole wheat flour into the prepared mixture and mix well. Add sufficient water and knead to soft dough.
3. Divide the dough into equal portions, and shape them into balls.
4. On a non-stick tawa, place a portion of the dough and flatten it. While flattening it, dip fingers in water and shape the dough into a disc.
5. Make 4-5 holes in it with the back of a spoon, drizzle a little oil and switch the heat on.
6. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat, flip and cook the other side till golden brown.
7. Serve hot with white butter.