In this video, Dr. Berg talks about how to identify nutritional deficiencies when you are doing OMAD or One-Meal-a-Day. He recommends doing the healthy version of ketosis with intermittent fasting. The need of nutrients goes down when you are doing intermittent fasting.
First Signs of Deficiency
• Deficiency in B1 – Fatigue, Nervous Energy(Pressure that builds up where you can’t relax)
• Deficiency in B2 – Oily Skin
• Deficiency in B3 – Moody / Depressed
• Deficiency in B5 – Fatigue
• Deficiency in B6 – Moody / Depressed
• Deficiency in Biotin – Hair Loss and split ends
• Deficiency in Inositol – Red Eye
• Deficiency in B12 – Red Swollen Tongue
• Deficiency in Vitamin A – Can’t see in the dark
• Deficiency in Vitamin C – Bleeding Gums
• Deficiency in Vitamin D – Bone Pain / Feeling Down
• Deficiency in Vitamin E – Muscle Weakness
• Deficiency in Vitamin K1 – Bleeds Easily
• Deficiency in Vitamin K2 – Stiffness
• Deficiency in Potassium – High Pulse Rate
• Deficiency in Magnesium –Tight Muscle
• Deficiency in Sodium – Feeling Weak
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 52 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of The New Body Type Guide and other books published by KB Publishing. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The Health & Wellness, Dr. Berg Nutritionals and Dr. Eric Berg, D.C. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this video or site.