In this video, Dr. Berg talks about anti-nutrients in vegetables and other foods. Plants naturally develop certain defense mechanism to help them survive for a long time and to prevent insects and other predators from consuming them.
• Certain plants like flax and soy have these chemical compounds that could create a little birth control effect in insects.
• It is another anti-nutrient chemical which prevents the absorption of many minerals including zinc, iron, calcium, etc.
• It is in seeds and nuts (in the bran part).
• It has the property of being a chelator – which binds with certain chemicals specifically iron.
• IP6: http://bit.ly/2Gu1sYy
• These are certain proteins in plants that are used as a protective mechanism because they break down certain parts of the digestive tract and put holes in the gut lining which creates a leaky gut.
• They are in nights shades, white potato, soy, brown rice, grains
• Avoid lectins if you have an autoimmune condition.
• These are chemical compounds which our body also makes that can bind with calcium and create crystals which create a lot of problem with kidney stones and even inflammation, arthritis and could accumulate in different parts of the body.
• It is a detergent-like that will dissolve a cell membrane
• It is another protective mechanism in certain plants – in nightshades, legumes, amaranth, and buckwheat.
Related Condition and their Remedies:
1. Bloat – Change veggies (Lettuce – Cook Vegetables)
• Cut out veggies temporarily
• Increase acidifiers for the stomach
• Take herbal antibiotics (garlic, oregano)
• Intermittent Fasting
3. Rotate consumed vegetables - Pickled Fermented Veggies
5. Kidney Stones
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 53 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of The New Body Type Guide and other books published by KB Publishing. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients so he can focus on educating people as a full time activity, yet he maintains an active license. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The Health & Wellness, Dr. Berg Nutritionals and Dr. Eric Berg, D.C. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this video or site.
#keto #ketodiet #weightloss #ketosis