Brinjal slices coated in delicious gram and rice flour batter and deep fried to perfection.
2-3 medium purple slender brinjals
Salt to taste
A pinch of sugar
¾ cup gram flour
¼ cup rice flour
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
2 tsps ginger-garlic paste
A pinch of baking powder
Oil for deep frying
Kasundi mustard to serve
1. Take brinjals on a worktop, cut the top and further cut into thin slices.
2. Sprinkle salt and sugar on the brinjal slices. Mix well. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Take gram flour, rice flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Add sufficient water, mix well and make a thin batter.
4. Dab the brinjal slices with absorbent paper to remove excess moisture.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
6. Dip the brinjal slices in batter and drip off excess batter. Deep fry in kadai till golden and crisp,. Drain on an absorbent paper.
7. Serve hot with kasundi mustard.