2 cups mixed sprouts (moong, moth, chana)
1 small cauliflower, roughly chopped
1 medium green capsicum, roughly chopped
¼ cup shelled green peas (matar)
1 tbsp oil
4 tbsps butter +shallow frying
2 medium onions, finely chopped + for serving
2 green chillies, finely chopped
2 tbsps ginger garlic paste
4 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 tbsp red chilli powder
2 tbsps pav bhaji masala
1 tsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 lemon wedge for serving
1. Heat oil and 2 tbsps butter in a non-stick pan, add onions and cook till translucent.
2. Add green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and mix well for a minute. Add tomatoes and cook till they are soft and pulpy.
3. Add salt and mix well. Add red chilli powder, mix and cook for a minute. Add cauliflower, mix well, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add sprouts and mix well. Add ¼ cup water, mix, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add green capsicum, green peas and mix. Add pav bhaji masala, coriander, salt and mix. Add ½ cup water and mix, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Mash the cooked mixture with a masher and mix. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. Melt 1 tbsp butter on a non-stick tava. Halve the pav horizontally and place it on the tava. Press lightly on each side till it turns crisp. Melt the remaining butter and apply it on all the sides of the pav. Remove from heat.
8. Garnish the bhaji with the coriander leaves and butter, and serve hot with the remaining onions, lemon wedge and crisp pavs.