Scrumptious and filling paranthas made using Amaranth flour.
1 cup rajgira flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
½ tsp lemon juice
3½ tsps ghee
1 medium potatoboiled and peeled
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
Oil for applying
Yogurt to serve
1. Take rajgira flour, whole wheat flour, ginger-green chilli paste, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, salt, lemon juice and 1½ tsps ghee. Mash and add potato. Mix well. Add sufficient water and knead to mediumsoft dough. Add coriander and mix well. Knead again.
2. Applyoil on both sides of a plastic sheet.
3. Divide the dough into medium equal portions. Place a portion on the sheet, cover with top sheet and flatten the portion to a thin disc.
4. Heat a non-stick tawa, place a rolled dough and cook on medium heat till brown specs appear on both the sides.
5. Apply 1 tsp ghee on one side, cook for a minute,turnover, apply remaining ghee and cook on medium heat for 1-2 minute.
6. Serve hot with yogurt.