A scrumptious Aloo sandwich recipe for a filling breakfast or evening snack.
TAWA ALOO SANDWICH
3 large potatoes (aloo), boiled, peeled and mashed
8 white bread slices
1 small onion, chopped
3 tbsps freshly chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
2 green chillies, chopped
½ tsp chaat masala powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp schezwan sauce
Butter as required
Green chutney to serve
Tomato ketchup to serve
1. In a bowl, add potatoes, onion, chopped coriander, salt, green chillies, chaat masala powder, red chilli powder, schezwan sauce, and mix well.
2. Apply butter on 4 slices of bread, place a portion of the prepared stuffing and spread evenly. Place cheese slices on top of each bread slice.
3. Place the remaining slices of bread; apply butter on top of each slice.
4. Heat a non-stick tawa, place the prepared sandwiches with the butter side on the bottom, apply butter on top and cook the sandwiches till golden brown on both sides.
5. Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally and serve hot with green chutney and tomato ketchup.