Delicious vadas made with raw bananas and potatoes.
KACH KOLAR BORA
2 raw bananas, boiled
2 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 tsp poppy seeds
4 tsps chopped fresh coriander
½ egg white
1 tbsp oil
Tomato ketchup to serve
1. Peel and add bananas in a bowl, add potatoes and mash them. Mix well with hands to avoid any lumps.
2. Add onion, green chilli, salt and poppy seeds. Mix well.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick shallow frying pan.
4. Add coriander in the bowl. Mix well. Add egg white and mix well.
5. Shape mixture into medium sized balls and flatten them slightly.
6. Place the prepared boras in the pan and shallow fry on medium heat till golden brown and crisp on both the sides
7. and add in pan, when golden brown on one side, flip over and add remaining oil and shallow fry them till golden brown on both sides on medium heat.
8. Transfer boras on a serving platter. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.