Who knew green moong could make such delicious tikkis!
GREEN MOONG OATS TIKKI
1½ cups green moong whole, soaked and boiled
½ cup oats powder
1 medium potato, boiled, peeled and grated
1 medium onion finely, chopped
1 tsp red chilli powder + to sprinkle
Salt to taste
½ tsp chaat masala + to sprinkle
2 green chillies, finely chopped
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander
Oil for shallow frying
Sweet chilli sauce to serve
Green chutney to serve
1. Take green moong in a bowl, and mash it completely with a masher completely.
2. Add oats powder, potato, onion, red chilli powder, salt and chaat masala. Mix well. Add green chillies and coriander. Mix well. Shape the mixture into tikkis.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add the tikkis and shallow fry till golden brown on both sides.
4. Sprinkle chaat masala and red chilli powder on top.
5. Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce and green chutney.