A quick and simple recipe to make delicious Schezwan Bonda stuffed with potatoes, carrots and beans.
180 grams TATA SAMPANN PAKODA/BONDA MIX
4 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
1 tbsp oil + for deep frying
2 spring onion bulbs, finely chopped
6-8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ inch ginger, finely chopped
1 small carrot, cut into ½ inch cubes
6-8 french beans, chopped
2½ tbsps schezwan sauce
2 tsps soy sauce
Crushed black peppercorns
Salt to taste
2 tbsps chopped spring onion greens
Green chutney to serve
Schezwan chutney to serve
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan, spring onion bulbs, garlic and ginger. Sauté till translucent.
2. Add carrot and mix well. Cook for 1 minute. Add capsicum and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add 2 tbsps water and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add schezwan sauce, soy sauce and mix well.
4. Mash the potatoes and add to the pan. Add crushed black peppercorns, salt, and mix till well combined.
5. Add spring onion greens and mix well. Take it off the heat and transfer on a plate. Allow to cool.
6. For the batter, add Tata Sampann Pakoda/ Bonda Mix and sufficient water, mix well to make a semi-thick batter.
7. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into balls.
8. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai, dip each ball into the batter and drop into the hot oil. Deep fry till golden and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
9. Serve hot with green chutney and schezwan chutney.