4 ounces block chocolate of your choice
1/4 cup canned lite coconut milk (or thickened/heavy cream)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoons light butter/spread of choice, melted (or canola oil/melted coconut oil)
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup low fat milk (or almond milk)
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. First make the ganache. Break up the chocolate block and combine the chocolate and coconut milk (or heavy cream) together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and heat again for a further 20 to 30 seconds or until cream is hot. Stir again, mixing well to melt the chocolate through the cream. Once ganache is glossy and creamy, stir in the vanilla extract. Cover and place in the refrigerator until set (about an hour).
2. Once Ganache has set, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 8 small ramekins (to fit 1/4 cup of batter) or a 12-count muffin tray; wipe over excess with paper towel and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift then whisk all of the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the center and add the oil, egg, vanilla and milk. Whisk the batter until smooth and lump free.
4. Remove ganache from the fridge; spoon 1 tablespoon of ganache into the center of each ramekin (or muffin hole).
5. Combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl; gently roll each cake into the cinnamon sugar mix until evenly coated.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until they are golden in color and a toothpick inserted into the sides of a cake comes out clean.