If you like mushrooms, you're definitely going to love this recipe.
STUFFED MUSHROOM PAKORAS
10-12 large button mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
1 medium potato, boiled, peeled, mashed and refrigerated
1 green chilli, chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp chaat masala + for sprinkling
½ inch ginger, finely chopped
½ cup grated processed cheese
Oil for deep frying
Green chutney mayonnaiseto serve
2 cups gram flour (besan)
½ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
A pinch of baking soda
½ tsp Tata Sampann Turmeric Powder
½ tsp Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder
1. Add, potato, green chilli, chopped coriander, salt, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, ginger in a bowl and mix till well combined.
2. Takecheese in a bowl, add a portion into the mushroom cavity, top it up with the prepared potato stuffing and press it using the back of the spoon to spread itevenly.
3. Heat sufficient oil in a wok. For the batter, take besan in a bowl, add salt, ajwain, and baking soda.
4. Add Tata Sampann Turmeric Powder, Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder and 2-3 tbsps hot oil.
5. Add water little by little to make a thick batter, whisking constantly to avoid any lumps.
6. Dip each mushroom into the batter and evenly coat, drop it into the hot oil. Deep fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
7. Cut the pakoras in half and transfer them on a serving plate.
8. Take mayonnaise in a piping bag and pipe out on the serving plate. Place the prepared pakoras. Sprinkle chaat masala and serve hot.