The classic Indian Fish Curry for that lazy holiday afternoon.
INDIAN FISH CURRY (KETO FRIENDLY)
2 medium pomfrets, cut into darnes
2 tbsps finely chopped onion
4-5 dried red chillies
½ cup fresh scraped coconut
Salt to taste
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
½ tsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp tamarind pulp
Coriander sprig for garnish
1. In a blender, add 1 tbsp chopped onion, red chillies, coconut and a little water, grind to a fine paste.
2. In a bowl, add fish darnes, salt, and turmeric powder. Mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add chopped ginger and remaining onion, sauté till golden brown. Add ground paste and mix well for 1-2 minutes. Add 2 cups of water and mix well. Let the mixture come to a boil.
4. Add tamarind pulp and cook for a minute. Add the marinated fish pieces and mix slightly. Cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat.
5. Transfer into a serving bowl and garnish with coriander sprig. Serve hot.