A simple yet delicious sheera recipe for a yummy breakfast.
½ cup tinned pineapple, chopped + garnish
1 cup semolina (rawa)
½ cup ghee
A pinch of saffron
1½ cups milk
½ cup sugar
½ tsp green cardamom powder
1 tbsp chopped almonds, chopped + for garnishing
1 tbsp chopped cashew nuts, chopped + for garnishing
1. Heat a non-stick; add semolina and sauté till fragrant. Take it off the heat and set aside.
2. Heat ghee in the same pan; add roasted semolina and continuously sauté till golden brown.
3. Add saffron and mix well, add milk and cook for 2 minutes on low heat. Add 2 cups water and mix well, cover and cook over medium heat until the semolina is cooked and the mixture is dry.
4. Add pineapple, sugar and mix well. Add cardamom powder and mix, cook for 2 minutes or till the sugar is completely dissolved.
5. Add chopped almonds, chopped cashew nuts, mix well and take it off the heat.
6. Garnish it with chopped cashew nuts, chopped almonds and chopped canned pineapple, serve hot.