Delicious chicken recipe from Alibaug made with flavourful coconut.
750 grams cooked chicken pieces on the bone
Readymade wade dough as required
2 tbsps oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tbsps ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp cumin powder
A pinch of turmeric powder
2 tsps coriander powder
½ cup brown paste
Salt to taste
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander
1 tbsp lemon juice
Oil to deep fry
1. Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add onion and sauté till golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
2. Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and sauté for a minute.
3. Add the brown paste and sauté till the oil separates.
4. Add ½ cup water and mix well. Add salt and mix. Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add coriander and mix well. Add lemon juice and mix.
6. Divide the dough into small portions. Place each portion between 2 plastic sheets and spread with hands.
7. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep fry the prepared wade till puffed and crisp. Drain and serve hot with the chicken.