A delicious and comforting potato recipe for your weekday lunch.
DAHI WALE ALOO
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
4-5 tbsps yogurt
Salt to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 green chillies, broken into small pieces
¼ tsp asafoetida
½ tsp sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
Sprig of coriander for garnish
1. In a bowl, add the potatoes, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan, add 1 tsp cumin seeds and let the colour change. Add green chilli, broken into small pieces, and mix well.
3. Add asafoetida, prepared potatoes and mix well. Add sugar, mix well and add 1 cup water, a pinch of salt, and mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Switch off the heat, add lemon juice, and mix well. Take it off the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
5. Add yogurt and mix well. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with coriander sprig and serve.