A delicious chicken curry recipe that gets ready in an instant and tastes downright amazing!
750 grams chicken drumsticks and thighs cut into half
2 tbsps oil
1 black cardamom
2-3 green cardamoms
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tbsps ginger-garlic paste
½ tsp turmeric powder
1½ tsps Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp chopped coriander + for garnish
Salt to taste
1-2 green chillies, chopped
3 medium tomatoes, pureed
¼ tsp green cardamom powder
Fried onion for garnish
Steamed rice to serve
1. Heat oil in a non-stick wok, add black cardamom, green cardamoms, cinnamon stick, bay leaf and sauté till fragrant. Add cumin seeds and sauté till the seeds change colour.
2. Add onion and sauté well. Cook till golden brown in colour.
3. Meanwhile, take chicken in a bowl. Add 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, chopped coriander and salt. Mix till well combined and set aside.
4. Add remaining ginger-garlic paste and green chillies chopped into the onion mixture and mix well. Cook till the raw smell of the garlic disappears.
5. Add tomato puree and mix well. Cover and cook till the oil separates, stirring occasionally.
6. Add chicken and mix well. Add green cardamom powder; adjust seasoning and sauté on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
7. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add 2 cups hot water and mix well.
8. Cover and cook till the chicken is cooked completely. Take it off the heat.
9. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with fried onions and chopped coriander. Serve hot with steamed rice.