Leftover kheer mixed with cake crumbs and almond powder, shaped into small patties and deep fried
1 cup chilled thick rice kheer
½ 8-inch vanilla cake
2 tbsps roasted almond powder
2 tbsps oil + to deep fry
1 cup powdered sugar
½ tsp cinnamon powder
1. Break the cake into small pieces and put into a mixer jar and process to make crumbs.
2. Place kheer in a bowl, add the cake crumbs. Add almond powder and mix. Add 2 tbsps oil and knead lightly. Keep the mixture in a refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
3. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
4. Take a small portion of the dough, pat into a slightly thick pattie. Cut into diamond shaped pieces, slide into hot oil and deep fry till golden. You can also shape the dough into small rounds and deep fry till golden.
5. Mix powdered sugar and cinnamon powder and spread in a plate. Drain the kheer crispies and roll in the sugar-cinnamon powder mixture. Serve hot.