250 grams prawns, peeled and deveined
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
8-10 curry leaves
½ inch ginger, finely chopped
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
A fresh coriander sprig for garnishing
1. Heat coconut oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add curry leaves and let it crackle.
2. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add onion and sauté till translucent.
3. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder and crushed peppercorns, mix and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add prawns, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add salt, mix and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add coconut milk, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
6. Serve hot garnished with a coriander sprig.