Spinach cooked with raisins – something new something delicious
2 medium bunch fresh spinach leaves
½ cup raisins (kishmish)
2 medium onions
7-8 garlic cloves
2 tbsps oil
½ tsp cumin seeds
Salt to taste
2 tbsps pinenuts (chilgoze)
½ tsp crushed black pepper
½ tsp crushed red chillies
2 tbsps fresh brown breadcrumbs
1. Chop onions and garlic in a chopper.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and chopped onion-garlic and saute till golden.
3. Chop spinach roughly.
4. Add raisins and 1 cup water to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add spinach and salt and mix well. Add pinenuts, crushed black pepper and crushed red chillies and mix.
6. Add fresh brown breadcrumbs and mix.
7. Transfer into a serving dish and serve hot.