SPAGHETTI VEGETABLE PAELLA
In this paella spaghetti replaces rice
200 gm brown spaghetti
1 large potato
¼ large red capsicum
¼ large yellow capsicum
¼ large green capsicum
¼ cup green peas
3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion
1 tbsp chopped garlic
Salt to taste
2 cups vegetable stock
2 medium tomatoes
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
Few strands of saffron
Juice of ½ lemon
1. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan. Halve onion, slice horizontally thickly and add to the pan and saute. Quarter and slice potato and add.
2. Chop red, yellow and green capsicums.
3. Add garlic to the pan and mix. Add capsicums, mix and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add green peas and salt and mix.
4. Break spaghetti into smaller pieces and add to the pan and mix well. Add vegetable stock and mix well.
5. Slice tomatoes. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and a few strands of saffron and mix well.
6. Add tomatoes but do not mix. Cover and cook.
7. Cut lemon into thin wedges and remove the seeds and centre pith.
8. Add juice of ½ lemon and mix, cover and cook till the vegetables and spaghetti are done.
9. Transfer into a serving dish, garnish with lemon wedges and serve hot.