Refined flour mixed with coconut milk to make pancakes and served stuffed with cottage cheese-spinach mixture
1½ cups coconut milk
1 cup refined flour (maida)
1 tsp baking powder
Salt to taste
4 tbsps oil+ to cook
3 garlic cloves
4 spring onion bulbs
15-20 spinach leaves
5-6 stalks of spring onion greens
1 tsp grainy mustard paste
100 gms cottage cheese (paneer)
Tomato ketchup, as required
1. Put refined flour in a large mixing bowl, add baking powder and salt and mix. Add coconut milk and whisk to a smooth batter. Add 2 tbsps oil and whisk again.
2. Add a little water to adjust consistency. Rest the batter for 15-20 minutes.
3. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non-stick pan. Chop garlic cloves and add and saute. Chop spring onion bulbs roughly and add and saute till soft.
4. Roughly chop spinach leaves and add to the pan. Roughly chop spring onion greens and add to the pan. Add salt and toss well.
5. Add grainy mustard paste to the batter and mix well.
6. Heat 1 tbsp oil in another non-stick pan, pour a ladle full of batter in it and rotate the pan so that the batter spreads evenly, let it cook.
7. Break paneer into small pieces and add to the spinach mixture in the other pan. Mix and switch off the heat.
8. When the underside is done, flip the pancake and drizzle a little oil all around. Let the other side cook.
9. When both sides of the pancake are evenly done, place some spinach-cottage mixture at one end, drizzle a little tomato ketchup and fold the other side of the pancake over it.
10. Transfer the pancake onto a serving plate and serve hot.